Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bernard Hopkins Beats Jean Pascal to Become Oldest Boxing Champ Ever

Bernard Hopkins Beats Jean Pascal to Become Oldest Boxing Champ Ever


By unanimous desicion  Bernard Hopkins, 46, became the oldest man to win a boxing world title on Saturday when he defeated Canadian Jean Pascal.
“I’m closer to 50 than 40,” Hopkins said afterward.
“I knew it was going to be a tough fight, but I wasn’t going to be denied. You’re supposed to win titles in your twenties, not when you’re 46.”
Hopkins entered the ring to a recording of himself singing “My Way,” but a slow start caused the usually cautious technical fighter to use an unfamiliar approache.


Pascal won three of the first four rounds, forcing Hopkins to mix it up more than usual in an effort to wipe out the early deficit. 

A great victory for Bernard.
“There’s a lot of fight left in me.” said


No comments:

Post a Comment